Images by erich mcvey

SHE’S A MAC. HE’S A PC. SHE LIKES OLD-SCHOOL, CLASSIC VINTAGE. HE PREFERS SLEEK, CONTEMPORARY MODERN. SHE’S ALWAYS IN AN EAST COAST HURRY. HE’S MORE WEST COAST LAID-BACK.

AND YET, IT WORKS...

Maybe it's because that's only 20 percent. The other 80 percent is pretty much all synced up. Yes, exactly 80 percent. That number was determined after running several extremely complicated mathematical formulas. Or maybe it was the more precise science of guesstimation. We don't remember.

We are Malika and Arjun, a husband and wife team, drawn together by our similarities and balanced by our differences. With a photojournalistic, editorial style, we aim to create beautiful, timeless images steeped in emotion. For us, it's about so much more than simply taking pretty pictures. It's telling a story, capturing a snapshot in time to live for generations to come. It's crowding around old photos of your grandparents and parents -- and not just hearing their stories but getting to see them come to life too. It's sharing in those simple but meaningful anecdotes, being transported back to those moments in time, evoking those same feelings and memories.

That's our approach to every photograph we take.

We are m+a, fine art lifestyle and wedding photographers, inspired by the beauty and sentiment found in everyday life.